Earlier this year, I renewed my relationship with Zip2Tax, a leading provider of sales tax database information. I contribute periodic articles for the company’s blog discussing recent legal developments affecting state sales and use tax laws. Here are links to my recent posts:
- Illinois Will Require Online Marketplaces to Collect Sales Taxes for Out-of-State Sellers Starting in 2020
- Are College Meal Plans Taxable or Not?
- Report: Canadian Government Fails to Collect $169 Million in Sales Taxes Annually on Digital Goods & Services
- Maine Legislators Consider Authorizing Local-Option Sales Taxes
- Georgia House to Require “Marketplace Facilitators” like Uber, Airbnb, and Ebay to Collect Sales Taxes
- Missouri Supreme Court Says Operator of Federal Reserve Cafeteria Must Collect Sales Tax